Monday 10 August 2015

Monday Moods: 10 Reasons Why You Need A Kindle.


I love books...well if I have to state an obvious fact. And my love for physical books- paper and ink books is a love that will never end.

When Kindle was first launched I was adamantly against them, not for me, I thought. I am more than happy with my paper and ink books. I don't need a device to read! Thank-you very much.

And then nearly two years ago my sister bought me a Kindle for Diwali and my thoughts and opinions have changed...a whole lot.

I still love my vast number of physical books but I do adore my Kindle and I love it's convenience.

Here are 10 Reasons Why You Need a Kindle...

1. The sheer joy of having so many books in one device. A Kindle can have upto 1400 books. Mine has 349 odd books and it sure is nice to have so many books on hand.

2. The battery life of a Kindle is simply the best. I can go four books without needing to charge my device.

3. The size is perfect, fits in my bag and doesn't take up a whole lot of space. It fits in the smallest of my bags. And it's light so it doesn't weigh down my bag.

4. You can read on a Kindle using only one hand. So it's great if you read with while you eat. :)

5. Books in an ebook format are cheaper than physical books. So you save a bunch of money when you choose ebooks over physical books. Though sometimes the difference is a very, very small one.

6. For some reason I personally, tend to read faster on the Kindle.

7. A Kindle is a perfect travel companion. Instead of lugging a couple of books each time I travel, I can just take my Kindle and have 340 books at my disposal.

8. You can also buy books very easily from your device as well and on the go.

9. A Kindle is also perfect for your daily commute. You could read it even if you were standing in a crowded local train or metro.

10. A Kindle is also perfect for you, if you are running out of shelf space and need desperately to lower the burden of your shelves. City living and city sized flats don't lend themselves to unending shelves. I am surely and nearly running out of space in my flat for my books. So a Kindle is a good way to still read new books but not clutter up my space.

Have I convinced you to get a Kindle?

I use a Kindle E Ink--which I am not sure you can still get. It's basic and lovely and the screen looks like real paper. I love it. It's not touch screen or anything fancy.

My sister has a Kindle Paperwhite which is backlit and is touch screen and also very, very nice.

I highly recommend a Kindle...FYI these are my opinions and Amazon is not paying me to say these things, I wish they were!

I still love physical books and don't see myself ever fully switching over to ebooks but I do love the Kindle for it's convenience. :)

Happy Reading :) 


2 comments:

howler56 said...

Hey! I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award!! Congrats! Head over here to check out my post: https://grapefruitbooks.wordpress.com/2015/08/11/blogger-recognition-award/

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

I echo your sentiments.

I didn't have the luxury of buying actual books too often because 1) I want to wait till I settle down before expanding my collection seriously (as in know which city I'll be living in and have my own house with my own book shelves) 2) Books used to be an expensive hobby on a fresher's salary (especially considering I could never order/ buy just a couple of books at one go)

So a friend convinced me to get the Kindle.
And I've never regretted it so far. I LOVE my paper and ink books but the Kindle gives me access to so many more books that I couldn't never have had access to in such a short time :)